By Elizabeth Leane
Read Online or Download Antarctica in Fiction: Imaginative Narratives of the Far South PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Kenneth Burke--rhetorician, thinker, linguist, sociologist, literary and song critic, crank--was one of many most well known theorists of literary shape. He didn't healthy tidily into any philosophical college, nor was once he reducible to any easy set of ideas or rules. He released extensively, and is maybe top identified for 2 of his vintage works, A Rhetoric of purpose and Philosophy of Literary shape.
Ken Follett wrote his first overseas bestseller, Eye of the Needle, whilst he was once 25 years previous. He has when you consider that been essentially the most constant overseas best-selling authors, with nearly a hundred thirty million copies of his books offered around the globe. His manifold affects at the mystery style comprises the pioneering use of robust lady characters in espionage tales and the improvement of the historic mystery as a brand new type of novel, exemplified via wintry weather of the area (2012).
The increase of the center periods introduced a pointy raise within the variety of younger women and men capable of attend collage. constructing within the wake of this elevate, the college novel frequently targeted on male undergraduates at both Oxford or Cambridge. Bogen argues that an research of the lesser identified woman narratives promises new insights.
First released in 2000. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
- Imagine the Sound: Experimental African American Literature after Civil Rights
- Workshops of Empire: Stegner, Engle, and American Creative Writing during the Cold War (New American Canon)
- The Changing Face of Motherhood in Spain: The Social Construction of Maternity in the Works of Lucía Etxebarria
- "The Color Purple" by Alice Walker - an Analysis
- Edward Bond: The Playwright Speaks (Theatre Makers)
- Encyclopedia of the Novel
Additional info for Antarctica in Fiction: Imaginative Narratives of the Far South